In The Garden

This is the quilt I mentioned yesterday, that I worked on all week. It's entitled Overlooking Eden, and it measures 16" by 22". This is one of the pieces I'll be entering in that upcoming exhibition that I mentioned a week ago, fiber art with an obvious use of photography. (An aside, Gerrie let me know that the entry deadline is June 30, not May 30 -- thanks Gerrie!)

Doing quilts using digital images on fabric has been a direction I've been moving toward, so making pieces to enter has been a good kick in the butt to get going. The images that I'm most interested in working with are non-representational, photos of interesting patterns, or photos that together create interesting overall patterns.

I've got two more ready to quilt in this emerging series, that I also intend to enter. And more ideas in the queue.

Yes, that is a turquoise donut in the center, with a freshwater pearl inside. The backing/binding fabric is a recent shibori. I cut much of that out of the first photo above because I want to retake the photo with the quilt on black fabric, instead of the ivory currently on the design wall. And the design itself? A photo of a deconstructed screen before I printed with it!

Anyhow, back to the studio today, for more shibori and more quilting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment