Something Different

This week's quilt, 18/52.2009 ~ Age of Pisces, is quite a bit different than what I've been doing. The top was a scrap of Osnaburg homespun cotton that I shiboried twice, then I stamped it with Lumiere textile paint, then quilted it, then beaded it. The backing is a piece of recently scrunch dyed muslin. I've had those serpentine fish for 15 years.

Emboldened by recently selling one of my Discharge Series quilts, plus the fact that two of my weekly quilts will be on exhibit at the Small Quilt Open in Camarillo, CA from May 16 through July 4, I've decided to sell my weekly quilts. I've been considering different ways to mount/hang them, though, before I make them available. Meanwhile, all the discharge and weekly quilts can be seen on my website.

After a beautiful day here yesterday, it's storming again. Hopefully today's inclement weather will finish it off for a while and we can get on with spring, proper!

0 comments:

Post a Comment