Substantial Matters

I finished my weekly quilt today, and this is it ~ Etheric Substance (#42.09). I imagined it differently when I was conceiving it, but I really like the way it turned out.

The quilt started out as one of my recent suminagashi prints on fabric. I used two layers of batting to enhance the relief. I quilted around the darker ink patterns, then filled in those areas with Shiva Paintstix. Then finished quilting it this morning, after letting the oil stick cure for about 36 hours.

I'm seeing this piece submitted to an upcoming show of small works that I'll be entering.

I nearly completed the other quilt I've been working on, the take-off on the magazine photo I posted a week or so ago. I just have to handstitch the binding. The quilt has a name already, River of Regret. I'll elaborate on the name when I post the photo, likely tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment