Those Prints I Promised

These are the deconstructed prints I made on Monday, didn't get the chance to upload them yesterday. I shot these images as the prints were drying. After washing, the colors are just a bit lighter.

The print above was from a screen that I'd partially printed off the last time I printed, then added more texture to it before using it this time.

This was the last two prints from a screen I used on already dyed and discharged fabric -- that piece turned out really dark and I actually favor this one.

This piece is eight pulls on the screen, four in one direction, four with the screen flipped around.

The graininess of this print was caused by alginate in the thickened dye that never quite dissolved. I recently switched from low-viscosity (for silk) alginate to high-viscosity (for cotton), and you need half of the latter but I think I used as much as I used to! There wasn't enough liquid to adequtely dissolve the thickener. But I sure like the print!

And this last piece also had eight pulls, although none reversed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment