Working Again

After moping about for a few days, I caught a wind of inspiration the other evening, and got back into my In Dreams series.  This here is #3.  As soon as I get one of them mounted on their black canvas backgrounds, I'll post that.  Meanwhile, I've been experimenting with blacks, for the stretched canvas...meaning I've given plain black gesso a go and decided to put a coat of black matte paint on top of that.  Just need to get the new black acrylic paint.

Another issue that's been holding me back from moving forward, is that since I've been framing most of my quilts lately, the fact is I've run out of wall space to hang them and don't have much storage space in Rose Cottage.  So I decided I've got to get selling them to make room for more.  Over the weekend I'll be posting new work for sale at my Sales Blog, and probably Etsy as well.  I'll say more about this later.

Another quilt series in my imagination at this point will be wholecloth pieces of cool fabric I've designed -- different sizes and shapes, depending on the fabric itself.  I had a first piece for this series in mind, the fabric on a hanger in my studio, and I pulled out something else I began work on months ago and hung it in front of the other fabric just to get it out of the way.  Viola!  Unexpectedly, the two fabrics together will now make one quilt -- I love when that happens!

0 comments:

Post a Comment