Work in Process

A few months ago I made three quilts that really stood out from the rest of my work to date...and this is a fourth in that series that never quite became a series -- but could, still.  You can see those pieces here, here and here

Towards the end of those three pieces (the first of which, Going in Circles sold recently), I began piece number four -- that would be what you see in the photo, MINUS the orange/black discharged foundation fabric.  I nearly forgot about the black/white/turquoise piece, then found it and hung it in front of the orange/black fabric just to get it out of the way, and then realized it all looked too good together to not work into one quilt.  So that's what I'm doing.

The digital image in the center is one of my collages transferred onto fabric.  I printed the image on a transparency, then burnished onto fabric treated with acrylic medium.  It's too stiff for my liking but it will work well here.

I spent the weekend framing small quilts so I'll be posting new work for sale at Etsy and on my Sales Blog in the coming days.  Most of the 10x10" now-framed quilts, from my 2009 weekly quilt series, were never available for sale before.  I don't have room to keep all those "keepers" any longer!  So keep your eyes on those venues for wonderful holiday gifts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment