Beading Frenzy

This is my latest piece, finished late this afternoon.  It's called The Moon and A Thousand Stars, it's 11x14 inches and slightly trapezoidal, although by virtue of different length tabs, it hangs straight.

The discharged piece was an outtake ~ I almost tossed it but realized it would make a very cool small quilt virtually just how it was.  It was originally commercial black fabric with white dots on it.  The "moons" are batiked circles that I cut off a piece of fabric that I recently batiked and discharged.  The background of that piece turned out ugly but the circles rocked.

And then of course I beaded every dot in the black areas.  Another two days of intense beading.  The French binding, tabs and backing are black commercial fabric with teeny tiny gold dots.

I'll be posting this at Etsy in the next day or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment