Chemical Soup

These are the best from Monday's discharge pots.  Most fabrics were processed in thiox, a few in bleach/water solution.  They're all cotton and/or linen with the exception of the handwoven piece right below.

This handwoven piece was black cotton warp and black Tencel weft, and I'd woven it in a network draft.  If you look hard you can see circles in the weave ~ they were much more noticeable before discharging, with the light playing differently off the two fibers.  It looks African to me now.  It's 30x15", just perfect for a wall piece without necessarily being quilted.







The range of resulting colors from the different black dyes fascinate me, and I love the palette.  The three at the top left were bleached.

I neglected to mention in yesterday's post that I listed six new fabric bundles for sale on my Sales Blog over the weekend.  Hope you like them!

0 comments:

Post a Comment