Change Afoot

This photo is NOT from this weekend...we've had yet another rainy weekend in paradise here on the North Coast.

I spent all day yesterday and this morning working on my latest Fiberactions challenge quilt, themed "embellish."  The quilt itself is finished, and it turned out better than I'd hoped so it remains to be seen how much embellishment it will actually get.  The reveal date is May 15.

My collage practice is shifting.  I feel that what I've been doing has gotten pretty repetitive for the most part so I'll be moving in a new direction with it.  If you follow Collage Journey, the next month's collages will be in the same vein as my previous work, as I just recently photographed the last completed month's worth.  But I've already started doing different things which I'll have on the blog beginning mid-next month.

Other things have shifted as well.  After watching a lot of movies and TV programs on DVD since late last year, I decided to let it go, except for the occasional good film.  I've been spending more time reading, working in the studio in the evenings, or just hanging out with BeeGee, enjoying life in the present moment.  I'm already feeling more peaceful and serene as a consequence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment