Body, Soul and Spirit

My latest quilt, completed on Monday.  It's called Body, Soul and Spirit, measures 21x14 inches.

You may recognize those circles, I've used them on two or three recent quilts.  Their genesis is thus ~ shiboried muslin, overdyed, soy wax batiked, discharged, and this trio was stamped and beaded.

One of the things I like best about working and multiply reworking a particular piece of fabric is the unusual resulting colors.  "Off" colors I like to call them, although they're definitely "right on."  Not quite this, not quite that.  And how nicely previously disparate fabrics work together in the end.

I am SO loving not working any longer.  As I mentioned on Facebook yesterday, I have to keep pinching myself to realize that I am on permanent vacation.  Every time I start to speed up what I'm doing, I catch myself and slow it back down again.  My pace has become such that some days I'll read most of the day and do dribs and drabs of art, if at all.  And some days I'm more creatively productive.  I don't have an agenda now, and things get done as they do. 

A couple of really good book reads to pass along ~

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.  Just finished this yesterday.  Terrific story told by Enzo, the family dog.  Just beautiful.

The Memory of Love by Aminatta Forna.  Wonderful story, beautifully written.  I have an earlier book of hers waiting for me at the library.

And that's where I'm headed now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment