Magic Carpet

My latest quilt, Magic Carpet, completed yesterday.  This piece measures 16x20 inches.  I'm not especially keen on that size, particularly in the portrait orientation, but it works out well with a fat quarter of foundation fabric such as this.  I used a thread color called Old Penny, from Hemingsworth's thread collection.  It's kind of a slightly bluish rust which picks up the highlight colors in the fabrics.

I have a solo show during the month of August at Los Bagels' Truchas Gallery in Eureka.  Los Bagels is one of the North Coast's culinary success stories.  The gallery is one very large old brick wall.  I think my work will look fabulous there.  If you plan to be on the North Coast in early August, the show's opening will be from 6-9 pm on Saturday, August 6 during Art's Alive!.  Stop by and say hey!

Something about this quilt said "carpet" to me.  So what better than a magic carpet.  My personal reference to a magic carpet relates to this ~ As you're traveling north on Hwy. 101 between Garberville and Fortuna in Humboldt County, the meandering highway is bordered nearly all the way by tall redwood trees, oftentimes giving you the feeling that you are, indeed, traveling on a magic carpet through the forest.

This is a fabulous place to live.  I'll leave you with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment