Inspirational Art

Over the last few days I worked on this little personal quilt ~ my modern version of a Tibetan thangka.

The Summer 2011 issue of Tricycle magazine included a lovely card of Guanyin, the bodhisattva of compassion.  I printed the image (several versions available on Tricycle's website) on raw silk and fused it to a favorite piece of paper I made in the early 1990s.  Quilted, beaded and further embellished. 

I've had that ribbon on the left side for almost 20 years as well -- bought it at one of the last Renaissance Faire's in the original location in Marin County, and wore it for years on a jacket I no longer have.

It's nice to use things one has had for eons ~ those small special things you know you'll use sometime in the future, somewhere along the line.

Guanyin hangs on the wall of my studio now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment