Verdigris

Today is reveal day for Fiberactions' "departure" challenge.  My quilt is called Verdigris and it measures 18 inches square.

This piece was a departure for me in several ways ~ first, it's size.  All of our other challenge quilts have been 16x20 inches.  Since "departure" was my selected word, I suggested that if anyone wanted to depart from our usual size restriction that they should feel free to do so.  And I did.  I really like 18x18, this is my first piece of that size but it certainly won't be my last.

Using all light colored fabrics was another departure for me.  Each one of the component fabrics was embellished with textile paint or metallic paintstik. 

A third departure for me is that I did an overall quilting job on it rather than quilt individual pattern areas on the cloth. 

A couple of you readers indicated that you might be making a quilt for this challenge, at my invitation.  If you've done so, please email your images to me and I'll post them tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment