Hand Work

As promised, here are two small pieces of ecoprinted fabric with handstitching.  The piece above was stitched directly onto the backing fabric and the one below has a thin layer of batting between the front and back.  I'm using ecodyed fabric for the backing as well.

As with my machine quilting, I'm really only interested in enhancing the design that's already been printed on the fabric.  Other stitching would detract from the simple design of each piece.  I'm using metallic or rayon sewing threads on these.

I will be offering some of these for sale in my Textile Shop in the very near future.  And speaking of the Shop, it's been totally remodeled.  All of the studio quilts previously listed there are being moved to Etsy where they belong.  So the only items listed in the shop will be those that are unavailable elsewhere ~ handstitched work, scarves, handmade fabric.  To keep up with new items as they're listed in the Textile Shop, feel free to subscribe to that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment