The Philosopher's Stone

I'm going to be offline for a couple days, beginning Tuesday.  Instead of packing up my laptop and schlepping down to Starbuck's though, I've decided to take an internet holiday.   I'll be back sometime Thursday.

The reason?  I'm killing my cellphone and going back to a landline.  AT&T has to reconfigure my line to be both voice and data.  It's likely difficult for most folks to understand why I might do such a thing as get rid of my cellphone.  But the fact is, I don't need one, not for my life and my lifestyle.  I'll buy a prepaid cellphone if I need one.  Meanwhile, I'll be saving $40 a month in unnecessary expense for a gizmo that I only use as a phone anyway.

Here's a shot of my outdoor studio.  I started as just a shade covering to protect that large outdoor zygocactus, but quickly morphed into a place to organize eco-dyeing stuff and my collection of rusty oddments.  I've been feeling like a witch these days, brewing up cauldrons of botanicals and metals, seeking to alchemize the Philosopher's Stone.

See you later this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment