Better Late Than Never

I've had this denim jacket for 20 years.  Even though I hardly ever wore it, it consistently made the cut through every clothing purge I've made since then, and there have been many.

The jacket is warm, fully lined with flannel, and still fits well despite the fact I'm quite a bit larger than when I bought it.  The sleeves are longish and there needs to be a cuff, which I prefer on long sleeved things.  What I didn't like about it was that I hated the flannel lining -- a pale blue, white and beige plaid -- showing at the cuffs.  Never went with anything I wore.

I knew I'd eventually remedy the situation ~ and eventually was yesterday.

I replaced the bottom third of the sleeve lining with eco dyed linen.  Now the cuffs are wonderful!

And although I didn't need to cover or replace any of the rest of the lining because it doesn't show when the jacket is being worn...I used the rest of that eco dyed piece to cover the upper lining in back so that I can see that fabric when the jacket is hanging.


You can bet on my wearing the jacket now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment