Fruitful Days

I've been productive lately, and I like it.  I finished this machine quilted piece yesterday.  Called Autumn Moon, it is 21x22 inches.

The foundation fabric is a section of a recycled silk garment that originally was a purple-mauve color.  It was overdyed, discharged, and then printed.

I've finished two more UFO silk scarves and they were posted to the Textile Shop earlier this week.  The last one is curing from its treatment with metallic paintstik.  If you haven't been to the shop yet, please have a look.  I'm selling these recent silk scarves for a song ($25 to $35), and I've also got several handwoven scarves reasonably priced at under $100 each.

The turquoise scarf below is 32 inches square, silk chiffon, that was dyed, then rusted, then hand printed.

The second scarf here is silk crepe de chine, 13x69 inches.  It was originally black; it was discharged and then hand printed.

Finally, I finished up that silk noil knitting project that was originally meant to be a piece of yardage that I had intended to surface design somehow.  I'm kind of amazed at myself...it took me three years to knit the first 60 percent and only 3 days to finish it.  It was all about deciding to finish it as opposed to ripping it out.  The finished size is 30x54 inches (69,120 stitches!) and I have no idea what I'll do with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment