That Time of Year

This is a recent piece of fabric ~ old linen that I shiboried with rusty nuts and washers.

I'm working on a personal piece, something to specifically hang in my home/studio, made from botanically dyed fabrics and a digital image.  Handstitching the entire piece.  Will upload when it's completed.

I've established a new routine working in the studio ~ actually it's an old routine but I was distracted from it for the better part of this year.  I've begun making a collage again every morning, kind of a warm up exercise to get my head into artmaking.  Even though I've been uploading collages nearly daily, I haven't actually made them on a regular schedule for months now.  So it's good to be back into a practice that I enjoy that also gets me primed for the day.

And I've been working more diligently at textile work on a daily basis.  Keeping myself moving on projects the way I used to.  This all means I'm feeling settled again, finally, after a year of lots of other stuff.  Also the time of year ~ autumn is always my best time of year to get things going again.

So today I kicked off this return to some kind of normalcy with a celebratory apple pie.  I had enough dough and apples left to make an apple calzone as well.  My pal Cindy came over this afternoon and we broke into the pie ~ delish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment