Cooking and Baking

A new crop of eco dyed fabrics from last Thursday's brew.  Some of these are do-overs, the first go-round was a few months ago and the results were rather nondescript.  No more.


This one's not so obvious ~ it's oak leaves and onion skins, wrapped on an aluminum pipe.  The big piece had those strips (one at right, one on top) placed over the plant material on the big piece, then it was bundled up.

Onion skins on silk habotai.

Two pieces of old linen, one on top of the other with euc leaves in between.

The spiral/curlique things on this piece are brass ornament hangers!

Lastly, I baked apple pie and turnovers again today ~ I even remembered to peel the apples this time!  I do have to gloat that for some reason my pie crusts lately have been better than ever even though I'm using the same recipe I always have.  Go figure. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment