Sources of Inspiration

I had the honor yesterday of being given the Liebster Blog award by Carol Larson over at Live2Dye.  Thanks, Carol!




The tradition with this award is that it is passed along to five bloggers who have motivated and inspired.  To accept the award, you must ~

  • Link back to the person who gave it to you, and thank them
  • Post the award to your blog
  • Give the award to 5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers* each that you appreciate and value
  • Leave a comment on those 5 blogs to let them know they've been offered this award. 

Now for my five ~

Alice Fox at Alice Fox Textiles for her amazing prints and other works with found objects

Jenclair at Bayou Quilts for the wonderful art she creates with all things fiber

Pat Vivod at Sentimental Pentimento for her jaw-droppingly beautiful botanically dyed art cloth

Valerie Kamikubo at Sew On & On for ongoing fiber and photographic inspirations from my home town (Los Angeles)

Wendy Fyfe at Threadborne for her no-holds-barred experiments in eco dyeing.

Congrats to all of you, you'll be receiving an email from me shortly.

* Now, a note of explanation about followers...All of the five blogs I've chosen have the Google Followers widget installed on their blogs, and each one has fewer than 200 followers.  My blog, on which I do not have the Followers widget installed, has 90 followers, but I've actually got 400 subscribers according to Feedburner (another Google offshoot), which is why I don't bother with the Followers widget.  For me, Feedburner's stats are a better indicator of blog reach than Google Followers.  Just thought I'd pass on the details of that for anyone who's interested in what the Follower thing is all about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment