Why Stop At Just One?

Variations on a Scheme 1 ~ 19 x 12.5"
This is reveal day for Fiberactions latest challenge ~ color triad.  The colors I chose are red orange, yellow green and blue violet.  All of these pieces are machine pieced and hand quilted.

Variations on a Scheme 4 ~ 22.5 x 12"
The slice & dice process was so enjoyable and fun, that once I'd designed one piece I literally couldn't stop.  Partly, too, it's because when you start out with a piece of stitched fabric strips and keep adding and cutting, you're left with a bunch of new ideas and possibilities.  And you just keep going.

Variations on a Scheme 2 ~ 19 x 12.5"



I'm probably ready to put this technique aside for a while...but we'll see what happens with our next challenge.

Variations on a Scheme 3 ~ 19 x 12.5"
A few notes about the books I've been making ~ many of you have inquired about Mary Ann Moss's online class that I completed recently, Full Tilt Boogie.  Although I've responded to each of you, here's the link again, for those of you who are interested but haven't let me know. I very highly recommend Mary Ann's class.

There is a ton of more formal bookmaking material available through books (I recommend Alisa Golden's Handmade Books) as well as online via tutorials and classes.  I'm also learning a lot through NorBAG (North Redwoods Book Arts Guild) workshops from the numerous local book artists in Humboldt County.

What I especially love about Mary Ann and her classes is that she's an "anything goes" kind of gal -- my kind of artist.  There are no rules in bookmaking, no exact recipes to follow, no one says a book needs to be like this or like that, bound like so, filled with specific papers, etc.  Mary Ann's class gave me complete creative license to do whatever I want.  If the result has pages of some sort attached or bound in some way and covered with something, then it's a book.

If you're at all intrigued, definitely take Full Tilt Boogie.

This week I started on Mary Ann's earlier class called Remains of the Day.  I'm in the process of making a shabby journal of paper and fabric (I'm using Peltex inside my fabric cover instead of paper), and later will fill it with recycled paper/envelope pages, and then be using it as a visual journal.  All in THIS class.

And if I haven't said enough good things about Mary Ann and her online classes yet, there's also the fact that once you take her class, you have lifetime access to the videos and PDFs.  You can go back to them at any time -- they do not expire.  How cool is that?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment