Shabby Journal Pages

You might be wondering why I've spent days and days making pages for my shabby journal (ala Remains of the Day).   Each page is rather a work of art in itself, created before the signatures are even stitched into the journal.  And after binding in, these pages will serve as templates or backdrops for recording details of daily (or almost-) life...including photos, snippets of goings on, street papers found, etc. 

I'm planning to have two signatures of eight folios each in this journal.  But like most other fun things, once you start making pages like this, it's really hard to stop.  I have enough finished pages to bind into three journals!

Mary Ann makes journals like this prior to her semi-annual trips abroad, and largely fills them up as she travels, day by day.  Great concept, isn't it? ~ instead of having to start from scratch with a blank book when you get home.

But I don't travel, so my intention with the first of these journals is that it become my Autumn 2012 Journal.  It'll be ready to roll this weekend, when fall officially begins.

Don't miss Remains of the Day.  It's one heck of a fantastic class, brimming with creativity that will keep you busy for a very long time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment