Life Happens

I've been busy...and obsessed with completing my four Fiberactions quilts, which I did on Friday.  Look for the reveal this coming Saturday, September 15.  Who knows why I couldn't stop at one...or two.  Actually, I enjoyed the design process so much (slice 'n dice) that I couldn't stop at just one...or two.

Yesterday I schlepped all over Ferndale at the community yard sale, and only came home with some good old books to upcycle/alter, etc.  Left me totally exhausted.

I'm having a Trunk Show & Sale on Saturday, October 6 at Eureka Fabrics, in downtown Eureka.  Since I'm not selling my work online any longer (for all intents and purposes), I thought it would be a good idea to have everything available for sale in one public place locally.  Rather like a traveling Open Studio.  October 6 is also Arts Alive in Eureka, and I plan to be open for business from 1 p.m. til 9 p.m. when Arts Alive ends.

If you're in Humboldt and would like to receive an email invitation to the sale -- and you think you might not already be on my email list -- then please email me so I can add you to the list.

I started working in one of my handmade journals, albeit slowly.  I'm thinking of calling these "Design Journals" instead of art- or visual journals.  And this week -- possibly even today -- I'll be starting Mary Ann Moss's Remains of the Day online class.  Really looking forward to this.

The weather has changed...it's definitely fall.  We sure didn't have much of a summer here on the North Coast this year.  Now the mornings and evenings are cooler than they've been and I've begun turning the heat on in the morning for a bit.  We could still get a blast of Indian Summer, but who knows.

Have a lovely Sunday or Monday, wherever you are.


0 comments:

Post a Comment