Weekend Book

Last week an interior decorator friend donated no-longer-needed upholstery fabric samples to me to use for whatever.  I already had books in mind and wasted no time. 

I filled this book with orange-red patterned scrapbook cardstock and old collages to match, along with some pages from a European art magazine with art that also fit the color theme.  The visible folds of the signatures were covered with strips of another collage.  I love this sewn tapes binding.

What delightful weather we're having on the North Coast.  Yesterday I treated myself to breakfast at the Loleta Bakery, one of Humboldt's few European-style bistros, and very close by in the tiny town of Loleta overlooking dairy ranches (some organic) on the flood plain of the Eel River.  I really do live in paradise.  I love living in a rural area. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment