In The Pink

The end of the Pink series ~ the first is an accordion with pockets, with hard covers.  The page strip was printed on both sides and folded to create the pockets.  Each pocket has a paper heart in it, also from hand printed paper.  2-5/8 x 2-5/8 inches.

 

The lightest pink book was constructed first by fusing two prints together -- the backs of both were printed with something else entirely and I didn't want them to show.  So I fused the two pieces together, creating a fairly stiff sheet that I then cut into six equal-sized pieces.  Each piece was folded and had another hand printed folio inserted, then they were individually pamphlet stitched. 

 
Finally, I added tabs of polka dot paper to the mountain folds to create the accordion.  The ribbon closure is unattached to the book.  2-5/8 x 2-5/8 inches.


And lastly, another tiny hard cover book created by folding a piece of printed paper in half lengthwise, then accordion folding.  1-5/8 x 3-1/8 inches.
 


Hope you enjoyed these Pink books ~ I learned a lot and I loved making them.  Now, on to other delights.

0 comments:

Post a Comment