Fern Book

Another green book ~ this one a copy of Jane Eyre, the title of which I didn't want to cover over, so I left the outer spine the way it was.  The cover was plain, though, so I printed on it and added one of my tiny 4 x 4 inch collages from 2011.  It isn't a stencil I printed with, it's a rubbing plate that I inked up with Lumiere metallic paint then pressed onto the book.  Worked excellently.

The inner spine was covered with a piece of scrapbook paper.  See it just above.  The end papers are two of those old book pages I gelli printed a few weeks back.  As with yesterday's book, I stuck to green pages as far as possible.

I added pockets to the insides of the first and last page, stitching them in.  The binding stitch is the Double X and I think this is the stitch I'll teach in the workshop this summer.  It's quite a bit easier than it looks and stitches in three signatures at one time.  Fern Book is 8.5 x 5.5 inches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment