More Recent Prints

The image above is the last print I pulled from this plate -- two earlier prints below.  I pulled the dried black paint off with titanium buff.

The earlier prints were made by inking a handcut stamp with paint, impressing it on the gelli plate, then pulling the print.  Although you can obviously go directly from stamp to paper or fabric, there's something about pulling a print off a plate that's just more intriguing.


The next three are related ~ same plate, different prints.




And the last is a one-off that I like.


I've made six PINK books this week for a personal challenge.  NorBAG has monthly book exchanges that follow different themes.  Although I don't intend to actually exchange any books, this year I decided to participate in each challenge by pushing myself to create at least one book for each theme.  February's, of course, is Valentines.  I printed a bunch of papers last week with a variety of pinks and have been making little books ever since.  They're all accordion style books ~ there are so many options here ~ because I hadn't made many previously although I've been enchanted by them.  I decided last night I'd make six more books because there are yet more accordion possibilities that I want to try.

...although just using PINK is a challenge in itself.  I've never been drawn to it before, except for a brief pink phase in the mid-1980s -- pink Swatch, pink tennies, pink workout clothes.  But I have to say that I'm enjoying the cool little books I've made and the stack of pink stuff on my work table.

0 comments:

Post a Comment