What a Weekend

I just had one of the most productive weekends I can remember ~ and I didn't even stress myself out.  I was just on a roll.

I made three books, first one here today, and eight collages (the kind I post here often).

This green book is a sample for the NorBAG workshop I'll teach this summer -- an altered book with recycled pages.  The spine of the book was in fine shape, but I didn't like the title and didn't want it to show.  So I covered it with discharged fabric fused with muslin.  I covered the inside spine, which you can see in the last photo, with deco Duck tape.

As far as possible, I used green images for the recycled pages, including some old collages of mine.  I like trying to stay within a color theme for most of the books I make.

The last photo shows the inside front cover with a transparency pocket stitched to the end paper and glued in.  The back cover is the same.  The only machine stitching I did with this one was to attach the pockets to the end papers.  Book has two signatures, lightning bolt stitch binding, and measures 9.5 x 5.5 inches.


I'll have another green book tomorrow.  The third book, finished late last night, hasn't yet been photographed.  That one is especially interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment