More On That...

More on yesterday's post about subscribing here via email...

I've looked into my own existing Feedburner account, and on this blog, there are 90+ of you who subscribe by email.  Email updates are currently being provided to you via Feedburner.  At some time in the future, and no one knows exactly when that will be, you'll stop getting updates to this blog.

However, yesterday I added a widget to my sidebar for you to contact me directly if you want to subscribe to this blog by email.  I have created my own in-house (in-studio? in-cottage?) subscriber list in my mail program, and I'll send out an email to that list with a link to each new post I publish here.

Many of you on the existing Feedburner email-subscriber list are personal friends, or close online pals -- I think you all know who you are.  I'll automatically put you on the new list.

If you're unsure if you're in the above small group, or you're sure you're not and you want to continue to read this blog via email, please Contact Me and I'll put you on my own list.  I won't use this email subscriber list for anything other than that.  If you're a friend, you might be on other lists of mine that I occasionally send something to.  But the email subscriber list will be reserved for just that.

I'll be building my new list in the next few days and will start sending my own email updates to those on the list next week.  This means that until Feedburner does burn up and go away, you'll be getting duplicate updates on my blog posts.  One will come from me directly, one will come via Feedburner.  To UNsubscribe to the Feedburner update, go down to the bottom of any one of the updates you get from them, and there should be an UNsubscribe option there.  If at any time in the future you want to UNsubscribe from my in-house list, just drop me an email and I'll be glad to remove you.

There's another service that you can use to subscribe by email to blogs, called Blogtrottr.  I just found out about this...in fact I'm still waiting for my account to be approved as well as to get confirmation that I've subscribed to my own blog.  Blogtrottr is free to both parties, so perhaps it'll be a viable option to Feedburner, if it isn't already.  Once I get approved, I'll put Blogtrottr's FEED ME button on my sidebar if you'd prefer to use that instead of putting yourself on my in-house list.

I hope this isn't all too confusing ~ any more than it is already for everybody online.  With Google Reader's death and Feedburner on the way out, one wonders whether Google, in its very strange business strategy, will decide to can Blogger as well...

0 comments:

Post a Comment