Flower Friday

The weather has gotten so unusually hot here on the North Coast, that before writing this post I just accomplished all my chores for today ~ and it's only 8:45am. 

People who live where it routinely gets way hot, like anywhere north of 85 degrees in my book, can't understand why 83 in Fortuna is such a big deal.  Well for us, it is.  Eureka broke two high temp records in the past couple weeks alone.  We're not used to this here, we live near the coast, it's just not supposed to get that hot where we live.

The enervation of this week's heat plus the fact that I threw out my lower back last weekend and have been recovering by laying flat (after a chiropractic adjustment on Tuesday) for most of the week, together have conspired to bring me to a new awareness ~ I've found that I just love laying on the couch, reading and dozing.  And since I don't sleep that well at night anymore, my new-found do-little activity has numerous benefits.

I continue to read a couple of novels each week (still heavily entrenched in Nordic Noir and becoming more so).  Also been catching up with a few good TV programs online (the only way to watch them imho).  And doing a little art.  As long as I'm enjoying what I'm doing, that's all that counts.  Life is to be enjoyed, in whatever ways we each find to do that for ourselves.


0 comments:

Post a Comment