Recent Outgoing Mail

Some recently sent mail art.  It's about half U.S. and half international mail.

I'm taking slower days for myself this week, leading up to my NorBAG workshop in Arcata this Saturday.   Teaching always takes a lot of energy, especially for this normally-introverted soul...I can't imagine how so many people teach virtually all year round and travel extensively to do it. 

Although my workshop this weekend, making an Altered Book/Recycled Journal, will be more fun than work for me.  Contact me for more information if you want to participate.

I've been on the hunt recently for an old, manual typewriter to use for mail art projects.  A dear friend gave me her first typewriter, the one she'd asked for and received for her 8th birthday...but alas, it was way too hard for me to push the keys down on.  So I Freecycled that one to another gal, and luckily found myself a Smith Corona Clipper portable at SCRAP in Arcata last week.  These things are virtually impossible to come by in my neck of the woods.



In addition to mail art, I've been painting a bit and creating art journal pages in spurts.  Although moving more slowly than usual this week, until my workshop is over.  Then I'll move forward on projects with renewed vigor.  That's the plan, anyway. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment