Painting Paper

These are some of the papers I painted thus far this week.  With the exception of the square piece a few images down, all are 60# drawing paper, 12 x 18 inches.  The one above was scraped with paint, then spattered with water and then blotted.

 Paint brayered on with 2 inch brayer

 Paint brayered with 2 inch brayer

 Paint scraped and spattered on 12 x 12 inch deli paper

 Paint scraped then spatter blotted

This is the sheet I used to blot the paint in the image just above.

I have leftover pieces of a few sheets of previously painted paper that I was hoping to be able to somewhat reproduce...to no avail.  It's virtually impossible to replicate a painted sheet of paper, at least with these loose methods.  So be it.  Each has its own beauty and will serve its own end at some point.

I've mentioned before that I hate to waste paint, even tiny bits.  So whenever I'm printing or using paint on papers to use elsewhere or journal pages or paintings, I've always got a supply of blank tags, postcards and ATCs within reach.




0 comments:

Post a Comment