Thursday's Paper

 More paper painting yesterday.  The first image is the only piece I scrape painted.  The rest were brayer painted with a 4 inch brayer.  Conventional wisdom says to make sure the brayer surface is consistently coated with paint.  Of course, my druthers say to toss out conventional wisdom as often as possible, to get those unusual blobby areas.




 The last piece, below, is most interesting and might be a favorite.  First I used the sheet to blot leftover paint on my palette paper pad, paint that had been rolled out to print the sheet of paper above.  Then I added water to the palette paper, ala Carla Sonheim's Gelli printing technique, swished the water around on the palette paper with my brayer, then brayered that onto the waiting sheet of paper.  I kept adding water as I picked up a bit more black paint from the palette paper.

I'm keen to try this new technique with color. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment