Complex Lines

In the first lesson of Jane Davies' Extreme Composition, we've been practicing with complex lines.  These are all samples from part one of the lesson, making just one line on a sheet of paper, stretching from one edge to another edge somewhere on the page.  The idea is to let the line create itself, essentially.

These are done on either 90# watercolor paper or 60# drawing paper.  I've used a Pitt Artist Pen, a soft pencil, and in this first piece to the left, acrylic ink applied with a pipette.

Part two of the lesson was to draw two lines, separately and in different color ink, on one page.  I did several of those but I'm not excited about them as my lines didn't have the individuality that these single lines do.  I may do a few more.  But I've also got to finish the third part of the lesson...and then there's lesson two that will be available to students tomorrow.




0 comments:

Post a Comment