Like It Is

This is another recent page from my current art journal.  I really enjoy finding a few elements and virtually throwing them together.  Pretty much, anything goes.

I've been in one of those internal conversational modes where I find my inner critic passing judgment on how much time I spend in the studio each day and how much art I make.  Old habits die hard.  I always think I should be spending more time at it, trying more, producing more.  This is a real hard one to let go of. 

On the other hand ~ I've become a voracious reader.  I read on average three books a week, about 1000 pages.  Last night I realized, holy cow, that's some accomplishment. 

At the very end of it all, perhaps the only thing that will matter is whether or not I had a chance to experiment with all the art supplies I purchased.  Maybe I will; but maybe I won't.  It doesn't matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment