A Step Closer

Tonight we take one step closer to spring, with the setting forward of our clocks to Daylight Savings Time. It seems too early in the year yet for this annual event. I'm not quite ready to paint my toenails, which I typically begin each year with the turning of the clocks, because in the past this event heralded warmer weather and sockless feet. But I'm still wearing thick-ish socks now, so perhaps Easter Sunday will be when I paint my toenails for the first time this year.

But the colors of this piece are so springlike, so Easter, which I don't personally celebrate per se, but anyway they are reminiscent of Easter eggs. And I'm feeling ready for spring.

In this weaving, which is a scarf I wear in springtime, all of the warp yarns are novelty knitting or weaving yarns, and the weft is a hand dyed, handspun cotton/silk blend. The combination of the heavier novelty yarns and the lightweight cotton/silk gives this piece heft and drape.

Enjoy the colors and may tomorrow, with its extra hour of daylight, be a bright day for all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment