Small Art, Big Heart

A few posts ago I uploaded a self portrait of myself, that was a miniature piece of art created on a mini "canvas," a 2x2 inch cardboard slide mount. When I did that project, early last year, I also made several other diminutive art pieces. Here are a few...





These little pieces were so much fun to make. They're covered with handmade papers or magazine photographs, glitter glue, globs of misshapen beads, shells, beads and adornments. If I had the time, I could easily be at my workbench making these things all day. I love playing with all these elements, putting them together in unusual ways.

And years ago when I was beading primarily, I made long, single earrings I called Color Falls. All the ones that remained, I have strung on a thin strip of leather, in rainbow color order, and I hang them by the south facing window to catch the light. Check these out...


I continue to delight in finding treasures around the house that I can show you all. I'm looking at the gestalt of my artwork and seeing each piece, each diverse manifestation of my creative energy, as a little arrow of my love going out into the world. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment