Artist Date

With trepidation, I begin this post...

I took myself on an artist date this afternoon, out and about in Eureka, meeting with gallery and shop owners about venues for exhibitions of my work within the next year or two, and taking photographs of whatever interested me. And mostly what interests me is buildings and nature, storefronts, water, plants, stuff, textures. But rarely people!

This first shot is rolls of handmade paper in a shop called "All Under Heaven," which stocks Tibetan and Chinese goods, and other Far Eastern treasures. I love this store, lots of color and texture as well as lovely things to buy.

I was sitting in a cafe having a mocha when I looked up and saw these interesting lights and colors.

I used to go on Artist Dates frequently, when I was doing The Artist's Way some years ago, and lately I've been missing taking time out for myself each week to nurture my muse. And it was such a magnificent day today that it was a no-brainer.

We have a few stores in town here that I love going into, even if I'm not buying much for myself these days. I love books and cards and journals and pens and nifty tote bags and nice pottery and art supplies and interesting papers and lovely things for my home and garden tools and shells and small works of art. Just to name a few things. There are so many cool things out in the world and it's inspiring just to see them and get turned on to new possibilities.

Yes, today was a day of possibilities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment