Two Squared

I finally made up and posted those novelty yarn spinning kits at my Etsy site. Here are two swatches knitted with sample yarns I made using the components available in the kits...

Finishing up two woven silk scarves now, hope to post them tomorrow. Over the weekend I'm planning to warp the loom for three woven shibori pieces.

Two things I need to practice while I'm weaving, are patience and sticktoitiveness. I'm always gung-ho at the beginning of a project, and soon after starting to weave it, I get bogged down and lazy and I find reasons to not weave. Since I have a deadline, of sorts, for myself, getting ready for a show in mid-May, and I have other things I want to weave as well, I'll need to put in some consistent weaving time over the next few weeks. I've been trying to get other projects out of the way this past two weeks, so I have more time to focus on art making. And I do see that opportunity coming up.

But for now, I'm up for a mocha and some knitting. Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment