New Spinners

I wanted to show you all the beautiful silk novelty yarns that students completed in my class over the past weekend.

These yarns were the end result of two days of spinning and sharing our love of fiber. The yarn is made of tussah silk noil carded with angelina and novelty weaving thrums, then plied with a single strand of bombyx silk.

The participants also gained expertise spinning tencel, bamboo, cotton, tussah silk, merino/tencel, merino/tussah, yak and alpaca tops.

I'll be teaching a shortened version of this class (we'll only be making the silk novelty yarn) at Black Sheep Gathering in Eugene, Oregon in late June, and possibly at the Oregon Flock & Fiber Festival in Canby, Oregon in September.

On other matters, I'm looking for information on how to go about creating color-corrected scans of dyed fabric samples, for a dyeing book I am self publishing. Does anyone reading this have info they can share about where I can get this done cost effectively? My local printer wants an arm and a leg and the self publishing outfit I want to use doesn't do pre-press work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

The weather has warmed up in my neck of the woods, lovely to not have the heat on all day in the house, but alas, there's more rain in the forecast. A spring rain, though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment