A Keeper

Woven ShiboriWoven Shibori Shawl

Here's the piece I finished yesterday -- 100% silk woven shibori, 20/2 bombyx warp and carded silk weft. I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm increasingly satisfied with the work I've been producing. The happier I am the more I want to do. The arashi piece is drying now, I'll finish it off today and post it tomorrow. Both these two pieces will be keepers, ones I do not want to sell.

I'm feeling a sort of groundswell of artistic energy, moving my vision forward into this gestalt of my creativity that I can't articulate verbally yet. But words and images are swimming around in my head as a bigger picture is forming of where I am going and what I want to do.

Thanks for coming along on the ride with me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment