Interstices

I'm an interstitial kind of gal...a cuspal person, living on the middle ground, in the gray area between one thing and another thing, hanging out in that segue where one thing gradually becomes something else. Interstices are those very places, the "between" areas.

Seriously, I am on two cusps with my natal astrological chart -- 5 minutes of a degree a Pisces, fresh out of Aquarius with my sun sign, and mere minutes of a degree a Virgo, moving out of Leo with my rising sign. I've always felt like I was standing in two worlds, one foot in each. I've always been able to see things clearly from both sides of an issue, and oftentimes have difficulty choosing which I'm more closely aligned with.

Latest woven shibori

Usually the most interesting colors for me, in fiber that I've dyed and am spinning, are those where two other colors come together to make something else entirely. Same for my dyed handwovens.

I also really like watercolor paintings, especially those places where the color and water interact with the paper. Usually it's at the edges of a color area or brush stroke. You can see the water on the page, the color carried in it.

In music I really love the genre that are between more marked or notable genre -- like rockabilly, between swing and rock, or bluegrass.

Maybe there's something comforting about being mid way, not here nor there, but just where I am, here and now.

Is this making any sense to anyone? Does it really matter to me one way or the other?

0 comments:

Post a Comment