Graduation Day

I had a Trunk Show last Saturday evening at Art of Wine, a delightful wine bar/art gallery here in Eureka. The venue was lovely, the ambiance warm and friendly, and had Saturday not been graduation day at both Humboldt State University and College of the Redwoods, I'm quite sure we would have had a crowd. Unfortunately, though, very few people came to see the show and Old Town Eureka was virtually deserted.

Textiles on display at Art of Wine

It was good to get out of my studio, however, and set up a show. I'll be hanging a few pieces in the gallery in the near future, and I did make a couple of contacts for possible sales during North Coast Open Studios, May 31-June 1 and June 7-8. So that's a good thing.

Today I've been reorganizing my studio for Open Studios, moving things around, giving it a bit of a new look. This week I'll finish the two turned taquete weavings, still on the loom from week before last. If I hadn't been sick last week, they would have been finished. But all good things in their time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment