Reading My Life

I'm reading a really terrific little book that I think I got turned on to from someone's blog recently...Art & Fear, by David Bayles and Ted Orland, originally published in 1993. If you're an artist, or think you're an artist, or feel like an artist, or want to be an artist, READ THIS BOOK! It completely gives one permission to be a human being along with being an artist, as well as putting the focus on the making of art, the actual process we each need to go through in creating our own art. Highly recommended.

And while I'm at it, I have a lot of other books and magazines open or close at hand, so I thought I'd let you in on where I'm "living" these days, in my head:

  • Tricycle, The Buddhist Review, Spring 2008 issue
  • Shibori, Creating Color & Texture on Silk, Karren Brito
  • Woven Shibori, Catharine Ellis
  • Mixed Media Nature Journals, L.K. Ludwig
  • The Surface Designer's Handbook, Holly Brackmann
  • I'd Rather Be In The Studio, Alyson Stanfield
  • Color in Spinning, Deb Menz
  • Surface Design Journal, Spring 2008 issue
  • 40 Day Mind Fast Soul Feast, Michael Beckwith
  • 365 Science of Mind, Ernest Holmes
  • 365 Days of Richer Living, Ernest Holmes & Raymond Charles Barker
  • Spirit is Calling, Chris Michaels & Edward Viljoen
  • Practicing the Presence, Joel Goldsmith
  • Shambhala Sun, March 2008 issue
  • Treat Yourself to Life, Raymond Charles Barker
  • The Impersonal Life, Joseph Benner
  • Elderwoman, Marian Van Eyk McCain
  • A Thousand Days in Tuscany, Marlena De Blasi

I should probably put the Tuscany book back on the shelf, it's been beside my bed since I was actually in Tuscany, last October. Mostly, these days, I'm reading art books and spiritual materials. Shows you where my head's at!

0 comments:

Post a Comment