Another Keeper

I love this quilt! Indian Summer (#39.09). The background fabric is one of my very first painted/printed fabrics, that I've been saving for the perfect use. This was it! The dark leaves are from my paintstik-on-shibori exercise of a few weeks ago, cut out, fused and quilted. The other leaves were stamped or stenciled with Lumiere.

I finished Lake View completely today, and it's now hanging in the bedroom above my gorgeous antique quarter-sawn oak sideboard, Isabel. She's the only valuable piece of furniture I own ~ I bought her for my birthday in 1994 from an antique store in Berkeley. She originated from an old home in Alameda, circa 1920 or so. Isabel makes a wonderful dresser cum linen cabinet, her current use(s).

Lazybones here just got off her bum and took this photo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment