Just For Pleasure

I just finished this little piece, Lake View, which will hang in our bedroom. It just needs hanging loops to put a dowel through. I began the piece a couple months ago, the fabrics sat on my design wall for a long time, I pieced some sections together then cut them up and tried rearranging them...but didn't like that, so I sewed the pieces back together and then I liked it!

It's been a joy to make something purely for pleasure, something I rarely do for myself. I guess all the art I make is for myself, really, but it's rare that I have a personal use for something in mind from the get go.

The biggest hardware store in Eureka devotes a section of their garden shop to local artisans during the holidays, and I met with the coordinator today about having my textile postcards and small quilts available ~ which they will be!

Thursday next week I'll be installing two shows in downtown Eureka -- one at the Humboldt Carpet Showroom for October, and one at the North Coast Knittery for October and November. I'm excited about my art having a lot of local exposure over the next few months!

0 comments:

Post a Comment