Deconstructed Rubbings

Last Monday at the end of my DSP session, I printed off a screen that I had prepared by rubbing Caran d'ache watercolor crayons over a plate I'd made with caulk on cardboard. I did this process a few weeks ago as well, and wanted to have another go at it -- this time, though, I used a more liquid acrylic medium and thinned that down with 50% water.

I like the way the print looks, but once again, I just don't care for the stiffness of the fabric with the acrylic medium on it. So I'll likely abandon this process as something to do again in future.

That's what I've been thinking, anyway, but seeing the photo above, maybe I'll do it a third time with 75% water to 25% acrylic medium. It doesn't take much acrylic to make the color permanent...so perhaps it's just a matter of getting that ratio correct so that I can live with the finished fabric.

This is going to be a busy week for me. I'll be in Eureka every day including Saturday for the rest of the week, three full afternoons at work, two shows to hang on Thursday, dancing lesson on Friday evening, and Arts Alive! reception on Saturday. So today I finished my weekly quilt and I'll post it tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment