Changing Colors?

You might think my color preference had changed from autumn tones to indigo hues. But this is just a passing fancy. I think...

This week's quilt, Nightfall (#37.09), utilizes yet more of my "black" shiboried muslin, embellished with Lumiere, glass beads and moonstones. This piece feels particularly Japanese to me.

I like how quilting the shibori lines creates a corduroy-like fabric with wonderful ridges my fingers enjoy running over.

Speaking of nightfall, if you've not read Nelson DeMille's "Nightfall," it is highly recommended -- as are all his other books. If you are inspired, now, to read it, when you get to the very end, remember the day on which I made this recommendation. I guarantee you'll forget until you get there. Enough said.

Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment