Another Evening in Paradise

I finished this quilt this week, the first of hopefully many quilts based on Fortuna sky photos.  This piece is called Eel Valley Sunset, and it's about 14x18 inches.  To be honest with you, I'm not sure I even like it.  But here it is.  There are things I would do differently now, but it's on to the next one.  This is how we learn, isn't it?  I don't like the binding here...after not binding quilts for several months, I've recently been moved to bind some again, but I think I could have left it off this one.  Oh well.

The digital photo is really great, though.  The skies here are fantastic and more sky quilts are lined up in my mind.  Right now, though, I'm in a bit of a slump.  Doing things, moving forward, but less than on fire about anything.  I'm also in one of my periodic creative overwhelms -- so much to do, so much to try, I want to do it all, there isn't time to do it all...

And then there's the Convergence challenge quilt, due in less than a month, and I'm still fiddling around with possibilities, nothing firm in mind yet.  Perhaps I'll spend this weekend just focusing on that, let everything else go for a while until I'm back in my groove.

0 comments:

Post a Comment