Small is Beautiful

After lamenting yesterday that I felt as though I'd lost my way, today I created this small piece, 8.5x11 inches.  I feel as though I've come full circle, in a way, because I've been looking a lot recently at Jane Davila and Elin Waterston's Art Quilt Workbook -- which is the first book I purchased on art quilting.  Sometimes -- usually -- simple is better.  Simple as in uncomplicated.

I've been thinking too much about trying to make my work look like a preconceived idea I have for it should be -- this is especially true in my laboring over the forthcoming Convergence-themed challenge quilt.  Today I got back to following my intuition, and consequently I'm feeling much looser again.  Matter of fact, after three small finished pieces where I attempted to achieve something I imagined for this challenge quilt, I put all those ideas aside, listened to my gut, this afternoon auditioned fabrics for that quilt, and I plan to have it completed by middle of this week.

I feel like things are flowing smoothly again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment